Monday, November 5, 2012

The Wedding Day: The Details

I am so incredibly excited to share the details of our wedding with you all! I absolutely loved planning and had such a fabulous time thinking up new DIY projects to incorporate into our special day. I tried to add a personal touch where ever possible, and I am so happy with the way everything turned out. it was a lot of work, but totally worth it in the end.

I will start with our stationary: both our save the dates and invites were designed by Jordanne Marie Photographers

Our save the dates were designed to look like a calendar, and we added magnets on the back for fridge hanging. My favorite part was the envelopes. We put a heart on each one using our fingerprints. 



Our invitations included an envelopment with the main invite, rsvp card, and a reception/accommodations/directions card. We added the damask strap ourselves to hold the envelopment closed and add a little something extra.



My dress was made by Allure. I fell in love with the single strap, ruching, and arrangement on my left hip. 



I made this "Bride" hanger for myself, as well as "maid of honor" and "bridesmaid" ones for my girls. 



Something Old: My grandmother's hankie
Something New: My earrings
Something Borrowed: Bracelets from my other grandma.
Something Blue: My garter, and the hankie too I suppose.



I loved my shoes: Jacqueline Ferrar Abigail Peep-Toe Slingbacks in silver. I purchased a set of cheap garters for $3 and added all the flowers to it. The other one just had a simple purple flower.


My flowers consisted of white roses, hydrangea, and gerbera daisies, light lavender stock, white waxflower. I had an "M" charm added to the base of the arrangement as well.


We purchased our rings at Skyline Diamond. My wedding band had to be molded to match and fit against my engagement ring. Adam picked out a Tungsten ring.


The bridesmaids dresses were also by Allure in the grape. They held bouquets of lavender roses, blue hydrangea, purple stock, and waxflower.


The guys wore black tuxes with black pinstripes. Adam wore a white vest and tie to match me, the groomsmen wore purple vests and ties, and the dads and grandpa wore silver vests and ties. 


We made all the programs by hand, consisting of four pages: cover, special thanks, bridal party, and ceremony. I also made the program box with wrapping paper, damask ribbon, and wire for the lettering. 


We exited the church to our guests blowing bubbles. We purchased the plain tubes of bubbles and adding our own personal touch.


I attached ribbon and another "M" charm to our unity candle. I think it looked great with the floral arrangement. 


We also made all of our place cards by hand with scrapbook paper and a paper punch.


We placed our Wedding Vow Canvas and Letter "M" on the entrance table alongside our place cards. We also had a table with wedding pictures of our parents and grandparents. 


We also made the card box ourselves. You may view the tutorial here.


We made/designed our centerpieces ourselves as well. Half were hurricane vases filled with water, rose petals, and a floating candle that my aunt, cousin, and grandma set up for me. The other half were bubble bowls with vines and crystals wrapped around a white candle. We added purple marbles to the bottom to add some color.

We also designed our table numbers to have a picture of each of us corresponding the table number and age.    The larger numbered tables had pictures of us together. 


We had microwave popcorn for a favor at each place setting. We made three different wraps to put around them and alternated the design at each seat. You may view a detailed post here.



Our wedding cake was made by Leesh's Pieces. I loved the damask, but could have done without the feathers. Still loved it though, it was gorgeous and delicious!


We ordered our cake topper on Amazon. It was Wedding Star's "A Romantic Dip" Dancing Couple.


We purchased our champagne flutes, but I made each bridesmaid a purple beaded wine glass as part of their thank you gift. 


We made a gift bag for our out-of-town guests. They received them as they checked into the hotel. The guests seemed to love them.


If you missed my previous wedding posts, you may also view photos from before the ceremony, the ceremony, and the reception.

What were some fun details you added to your wedding day? Did your wedding consist of a lot of DIY projects? Anyone brave enough to make their own invitations? 

I would love to hear your thoughts!



1 comment:

  1. All these details are adorable, Melanie! I just stalked all your wedding posts (like a good new blogger friend does!) and I love how happy y'all look in them--totally true love. You did an amazing DIY job on everything, too!

    ReplyDelete