Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Programs

So you know how I told you in my last post about how I was no longer blogging about the wedding and I was starting to focus on other things? Well, scratch that, I lied! There are still just a few wedding projects I want to still show you guys!


My wedding programs were probably the most time consuming of all the projects I decided to DIY, but with that being said, I think they were also my favorite. 

To make this project, you will need:
a lot of scrapbook paper and plain cardstock, ribbon, wallet size pictures, glue sticks, and a few extra helping hands. 

Our programs were four pages long:




Page One: Cover
This page was made of cardstock and measured 5 inches long and 4 inches wide. We put a wallet-sized engagement picture, our names, and wedding date on the cover page. 



Page Two: Special Thanks
This page was made with scrapbook paper, measuring 5 1/2 inches long and 4 inches wide. We added cardstock as the border, and it also seemed to make the page a bit more sturdy.
On this page, we thanked everyone for being a part of our special day and traveling to be with us, as well as our parents for all the love and support they have given us throughout our lives.



Page Three: Wedding Party
This is where we listed our Wedding Party and their relationship to us, including maid of honor, best man, bridesmaids, groomsmen, and flower girl.
The page measured 6 inches in length and 4 inches wide. Once again, we used a cardstock border to make the pages sturdy.



Page Four: Ceremony
We used this page to list the order of our mass, as well as the readings we had chosen for the mass.
And in case you haven't pick up on the pattern yet, this page is 6 1/2 inches long and 4 inches wide.



One thing we needed to pay special attention to while making these was the space at the top and the bottom. At the the top, we needed to leave enough room to punch holes and tie the ribbon. At the bottom, we didn't want any of the purple border to show when looking at the cover. 

We used a glue stick to adhere everything except the picture. For the picture, we used rubber cement. When everything was glued down, we put one of each page together and punched two holes at the top. We used 12 inch long black ribbon to tie the bows.

And this was the final product:


On our wedding day, we had them sitting on the front table of the church. I also had some of my cousins pass them out as they greeted our guests coming in. 

At the church:


and here are some of my fantastic cousins passing them out...

it looks like some of our guests enjoyed them as well...


Well there you have it, our Handmade Wedding Programs!
I would love to hear about how yours turn out if you decide to try this!



1 comment:

  1. These are adorable! I love the handmade detail. I wish I did something like this for my wedding :)

    ReplyDelete