Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Crochet Love



I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but I learned to crochet over my month long Christmas break. I kept seeing adorable patterns on Pinterest and was determined to learn. I came across a crochet along from Maybe Matilda. While I was a few years late, the material was so easy to understand. If you are interested in learning how to crochet, I highly suggest you check out her blog.

My first project was the beautiful cowl from that crochet along and it is by far one of my favorite winter accessories. 


My next projects were a headband with a bow and a tweed looking scarf.




Do you like my scarf model? haha.

Once I mastered the patterns that required me to only crochet straight lines, I decided to move on to something new. I had been admiring some baby hats since before I knew how to crochet, so I decided  to give them a go.



And my most recent project... Coffee Cozy's! You may have seen it in my post last Friday, but if not here it is again.


I never really thought I'd be any good at crocheting, but I am so glad I got the hang of it. It is so much fun. I am hoping that next year, I can make more hats, headbands, and coffee sleeves to put in my Etsy shop. I am so excited about my new hobby, it is so relaxing and simple enough to do while watching TV. 

Next I think I might try making a big blanket. Go big or go home, right?

Happy Hump Day!


4 comments:

  1. Soooo cute! I learned to crochet a few years ago, but I usually only make baby blankets. I'm currently making a chevron baby blanket that I think will be super cute when I'm done. I've a couple of scarves in the past too. But I LOVE all the things you made here. I will definitely be trying them all out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently found a pattern for a chevron blanket and I really want to make it! I just need to get motivated to take on such a big project :)

      Delete
  2. Adorable! The penguin hat is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love our hats! Penguin and Puppy were worn quite frequently this winter :) I really want to learn!!!

    ReplyDelete