Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Guest Bedroom Curtains


When we moved in to our home nearly three years ago, the guest bedroom walls perfectly matched our old bedding, so we never had to do much to the room. But lately, I'm getting bored of the bedding we've had for nearly 5 years, so I've been slowly but surely updating my guest bedroom. 

Before Picture:

I purchased our new white comforter last summer, and have since added some fun gray, yellow, and blue pillows. This past weekend, I decided to attack the curtains.

I found my fabric at Hobby Lobby and purchased 5 yards of it (with a 40% off coupon of course). I cut the fabric in half so I had 2 pieces of fabric, 2.5 yards long. I simply sewed the ends to make them smooth and added a pocket at the top to hang them from.



I was amazed at what a difference the curtains make!


NOW: I need your help!
The window above the bed is much smaller and is placed higher on the wall, so I don't know what to do with it. I could do the same long curtains to match the other window, make the same curtains but much shorter, or put up a valance. So, what do you think? 

Any advice or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well!

Happy Hump Day!


4 comments:

  1. Cute! I want to update our bedroom because we've had everything in it for five years and I want to make it lighter and brighter. This is great inspiration! And I vote a valance. I think it would look best with the window being above the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is amazing and lightens up the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These curtains look great! My vote is for a valance.. I think long curtains behind the bed might be a little strange. PS. I just have to say I looooooooooove that dresser!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, amazing, amazing ....
    Guest Bedroom Curtains is very pretty and nice. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete